6 Brilliant Ways to Migrate to United State of America


However, recent changes to immigration laws have made legal immigration to the United States more difficult. As recently as February of 2018, the United States office of Citizenship and Immigration Services removed the phrase “America’s promise as a nation of immigrants” entirely from its mission statement.
Although it is more difficult to immigrate to the United States, there are still ways to do so. Here are some brilliant ways to legally call this country your own country.

6. Through the immediate family

Having an immediate family member who is a U.S. citizen, you can legally migrate to the country, according to USCIS. Take for instance, if you are the spouse of a U.S. citizen, the unmarried child under 21 years of age of a U.S. citizen or the parent of a U.S. citizen (if the U.S. citizen is 21 or older), you may immigrate.
However, exclusions apply and you must first obtain authorization to enter the United States through an application process.

5. Win the lottery

It may not be Powerball, but if you’re serious about immigrating to the United States, it’s also good.
Each year, the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV Program) offers up to 50,000 immigrant visas to eligible persons. Although the draw is completely random, entries include people from countries with low immigration rates to the United States.

If you are selected, you must have an immigrant visa immediately available and be admissible to the United States(9).
The United States is a thriving country of individuals seeking a place to be free, and it has been based on these unique principles. No matter how you travel to the United States, we welcome you to our country as wonderful immigrants.

4. Obtaining a work visa

If you come to the United States to work, it will allow you to immigrate legally – if your potential employer files a petition with USCIS. The approved petition is required to apply for a work visa.
Work visas range from time-limited to permanent resident status. Make sure to work with your deadlines and reapply, otherwise you may be deported. In some cases, eviction still occurs, so if you plan to stay longer, you may want to consider becoming a citizen to avoid it completely.

3. Through marriage


If you have fallen in love with an American citizen – to such an extent that you plan to unite his or her hand through marriage – you will get a green card. According to the United State Citizen and Immigration Services, there are several steps to follow, including submitting a copy of your civil marriage certificate, passport format photos of you and your spouse with additional proof of any legal name change for you and/or your spouse.
Remember that a green card is not the same as an American citizenship. However you will remain a citizen of your country of origin unless you apply and pass a citizenship test. This applies to all those seeking to immigrate to another country.

2. Become an expert in your field


If you are the best of the best, and you can prove it through companies and other organizations that promote your expertise, you may be able to obtain permanent resident status in the United States.
Take Albert Einstein from Germany; Google founder Sergey Brin from Moscow; Madeleine Albright, the first female Secretary of State from Prague; and rock star Eddie Van Halen from the Netherlands. All were experts in their field and obtained permanent residence because of this.

1. Investing in the U.S. economy

If you are a foreign investor looking for a home for yourself and your family in the United States, you could strengthen your home by investing in the economy.
For a $500,000 investment in an EB-5 government-approved regional center, you will be on your way to a green card, but you cannot control how your money is managed. A $1 million investment, however, will give you control over your funds.

In both cases, you must commit to a 5-year investment and employ 10 or more American workers for a period of two years. After 18 months, you and your family can enter the United States as residents, and after 2 years, you can then apply for a green card. After five years from the date of your registration in the United States, the money is returned to you.

About the author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *